Program of Work
The Chamber has honed its focus into three key areas: Business, Workforce and Quality of Life and developed a Plan of Work to support each area. The Board of Directors come together at the end of each calendar year to reflect, plan and develop strategies for staff to implement throughout the following year. The desired outcome from this strategy and planning session is to develop a comprehensive Plan of Work that positions our Chamber for long term success and economic vitality.
The Chamber's Vision is clear in 2020 as we support Business, Workforce and Quality of Life through our Program of Work.
- Serve as the “catalyst of change” by facilitating innovative solution development to community and industry challenges through Chamber Chat and Roundtable discussions.
- Advocate for local business by promoting a match of service and product offerings to those seeking to procure them.
- Act as the “voice of business” by developing positive relationships with state and local elected officials.
- Provide relevant information such as salary and economic trend data to members so they can be informed and make business decisions.
- Promote member businesses through networking opportunities such as Connect After Five, Wake Up Washington County.
- Provide affordable professional development opportunities by hosting Lunch and Learns and Forums.
- Provide the Leadership Program to educate and develop the future leaders of Washington County.
- Connect industry talent needs with education partners to ensure the workforce development curriculum stays relevant.
- Connect talent to local jobs through job fairs and job listings.
- Coordinate rental property listings in Washington County.
Quality of Life
- Advocate to retain the rich history and heritage of Washington County by promoting awareness of current events.
- Connect the community through events such as Tailgate and the Annual Banquet.
- Serve as community information hub for events and activities.
- Connect Young Professionals through the YPO (Young Professionals Organization) events.