Skip to content

Licenses & Taxes

If you are interested in starting a new business and have questions about what licenses and tax ID numbers you may need, one of the best calls you can make is to the Small Business Development Center at Blinn College: (979) 830-4137.  They can give you personalized attention and help you with your unique goals and business-ownership dreams.

For quick online information, here is a link to a State of Texas database with specifics on required licenses for various industries:

Dreaming of being an Innkeeper?

For those interested in starting a Bed & Breakfast, here are several links to assist you:

Texas Bed & Breakfast Association  (offers a Basics of Innkeeping Resource manual for sale)

Texas Lodging Association

How-to article for B&B owners in Texas

Data and Demographic Information

Small Business Development Center

Brenham Economic Development

Economic Development Foundation

Scroll To Top