Shop Local in
Thursday, November 2
Participating Shops will be open until 8 p.m. for your shopping convenience.
- Visit the participating shops to pick up an entry form and make a purchase at
3 different businesses for a chance to win a $100 CASH PRIZE.
Participating Downtown Retail Businesses so far are:
Bluebird off the Square
Anatomy Clothing Boutique
Home Sweet Farm Market & Biergarten
Tegg Art Studio
Dona Lynn's Unique Gifts
Tres Chic Boutique
Bustles & Bow Ties Boutique
The Canyon Chick
Day Star Christian Bookstore
Glissmann's Gift Gallery
Puppy Dawgs and Cat Tails
Back Lot Gallery
The Rustic Cottage
Today & Yesterday
The Book Nook
JR's Antiques & Collectibles
Shop Local First Event Dates:
October 5 - Chappell Hill area www.chappellhilltx.com
November 2 - Downtown Brenham www.downtownbrenham.com
November 25 - Burton area www.burtontexas.org
TBD - South Market Street
TBD - "Hidden Gems"
Shop & Buy Local!
Many people do not realize the importance of keeping their hard-earned dollars in their own community. They don’t realize that by spending dollars outside of their community for goods and services that can be purchased here, they are supporting other communities’ police and fire departments, parks and recreation facilities, businesses, workforce, etc. Because not only does buying local support businesses run by your FRIENDS and NEIGHBORS, the local sales tax generated is what funds a bulk of the local government services you enjoy in your daily life.
Use the "SEARCH FOR BUSINESSES" feature on this website to find businesses with products and services to meet all your needs. Then click on the "HOT DEALS" feature to find special offers and discounts.
This Chamber represents the REGION, with great businesses in Brenham, Burton, Chappell Hill, Independence, Washington, Round Top, Bellville, Navasota, LaGrange, Bryan-CS, Somerville, etc.
Buy Local? Why Should I???
Here are the Top Ten reasons...
1. By shopping locally, your dollars stay in your community to fund city and county operations such as roads and bridges, parks, library, police and fire departments and more! Without sales tax dollars, YOUR property taxes would have to be higher to keep the same services you currently have.
2. Local businesses give better support to YOUR community groups. Non-profit/charity groups receive an average of 350% more donations from local businesses than they do from non-locally owned businesses.
3. Local businesses make up the largest employer base, giving more jobs to YOU, YOUR family, and YOUR neighbors and friends.
4. YOU get more knowledgeable and friendlier customer service! You get to know your local merchants, and they get to know YOU.
5. Spending $100 at a local independent business creates a ripple effect of $68 in additional local economic activity (compared to $43 from national chain stores).
6. Shopping locally saves YOUR gas and YOUR time!
7. Local businesses preserve and enhance the social and cultural uniqueness of YOUR community. This makes it special for YOU and attractive for others to spend time and money here, generating additional economic opportunities!
8. Shopping locally allows YOU to stay in better touch with YOUR neighbors and the local pulse of YOUR community.
9. Locally-owned businesses are more likely to utilize local advertising, banks, insurance companies and other local professional services.
10. Local businesses are less likely to use 800 #s or outside online service providers. Local people = Local service!