- 2015 MAGAZINE
- Buy Local
Many people do not realize the importance of keeping their hard-earned dollars in their own community. They don’t realize that by spending dollars outside of their community for goods and services that can be purchased here, they are supporting other communities’ police and fire departments, parks and recreation facilities, businesses, workforce, etc. Because not only does buying local support businesses run by your FRIENDS and NEIGHBORS, the local sales tax generated is what funds a bulk of the local government services you enjoy in your daily life.
Use the "SEARCH FOR BUSINESSES" feature on this website to find businesses with products and services to meet all your needs. Then click on the "HOT DEALS" feature to find special offers and discounts.
This Chamber represents the REGION, with great businesses in Brenham, Burton, Chappell Hill, Independence, Washington, Round Top, Bellville, Navasota, LaGrange, Bryan-CS, Somerville, etc.
Send us your "buy local success" testimonial and be entered to win cash! The Chamber is running a special promotion to increase awareness of the importance of shopping and buying locally. You can win up to $1,000 in cash!!!
Click here to view more details about this BUY LOCAL Contest!
Here are the Top Ten reasons...
1. By shopping locally, your dollars stay in your community to fund city and county operations such as roads and bridges, parks, library, police and fire departments and more! Without sales tax dollars, YOUR property taxes would have to be higher to keep the same services you currently have.
2. Local businesses give better support to YOUR community groups. Non-profit/charity groups receive an average of 350% more donations from local businesses than they do from non-locally owned businesses.
3. Local businesses make up the largest employer base, giving more jobs to YOU, YOUR family, and YOUR neighbors and friends.
4. YOU get more knowledgeable and friendlier customer service! You get to know your local merchants, and they get to know YOU.
5. Spending $100 at a local independent business creates a ripple effect of $68 in additional local economic activity (compared to $43 from national chain stores).
6. Shopping locally saves YOUR gas and YOUR time!
7. Local businesses preserve and enhance the social and cultural uniqueness of YOUR community. This makes it special for YOU and attractive for others to spend time and money here, generating additional economic opportunities!
8. Shopping locally allows YOU to stay in better touch with YOUR neighbors and the local pulse of YOUR community.
9. Locally-owned businesses are more likely to utilize local advertising, banks, insurance companies and other local professional services.
10. Local businesses are less likely to use 800 #s or outside online service providers. Local people = Local service!